!--Related Posts with thumbnails Scripts and Styles Start-->
cute (kju:t) - adj. 1. appealing or attractive, especially in a pretty way. (World English Dictionary)

Our evolving definition:

cute (kju:t) - adj. 1. feeling good about oneself, especially on days when you have makeup on, and jewelry; 2. an idea in a variety of mediums (crafts, food, clothing, etc) that inspires and motivates duplication; 3. one of the ultimate compliments among women

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Fool's Foods.

The only thing that I really did to my kids this year was freeze some cereal, milk, and spoons in bowls the night before and wait to see their reaction when I gave it to them in the morning.  It was pretty fun but I wished that I had the energy to do more.  I was looking up some fun ones and a lot of different food options came up.  THIS page has three different pages of options. 

It got me thinking, I want to host a party where we eat lots of funny looking or tricky foods like these.  They remind me of the spaghetti and meatballs cake I made for my son's party.  I'll have to post that in another one.   Tell me what you think.

This is made with candies, ice cream and sauce, and peanut butter logs (what the heck is that? I wondered if it was butterfingers with the chocolate taken off.) I saw that someone in the comments had used coconut donuts instead for the faux chicken.


This is also a sweet candyish dessert dish




I saw a few variations of this, and have always planned on doing it, but I guess there's always next year.  This is meatloaf and mashed potatoes as frosting on top.  I also saw this as a layered cake or pie idea.


This is tootsie rolls, caramel squares, yellow m&m's and I think marshmallow or something.



Laffy taffy(they used air heads), sugar wafer cookies covered in peanut butter and cornflakes, and strawberry jam.



Breadstick dough or I've also seen it done with sugar cookie dough

All dried fruit, nuts, and fruit roll ups. I think this one is awesome!